Our Written Statement of Action
The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) 0-25 years inspection took place between 19 November 2018 and 23 November 2018.
The inspection was jointly conducted by Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to judge the effectiveness of the Swindon area in implementing the special educational needs and disability (SEND) reforms as set out in the Children and Families Act 2014.
During the week, the inspectors:
- visited ten education providers (early years, primary, secondary, special schools and colleges)
- visited one family centre
- visited one residential provider
- held 23 meetings
- selected 25 cases to review
- listened to parents views through a webinar and an open meeting
- spoke with children and young people
The WSOA focusses on a number of priorities that will drive through rapid improvements and long-term sustainable change across SEND services for our children and young people, and their parents and carers.
Summary of Written Statement of Action
OFSTED response to the Written Statement of Action
Below is a letter from Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) confirming that Swindon’s SEND Written Statement of Action (WSOA) has been approved and is fit for purpose in setting out how the local area will tackle significant areas of weakness previously identified.