Go to the swindon.gov.uk website to find out more information about parks and open spaces, or to find your nearest playground or park.
There are six outdoor gyms located within some of the Borough’s green spaces in:
- Cambria Bridge Recreational Ground
- Eastbury Way Recreational Ground
- Mead Park
- Quarry Road Recreational Ground
- Shaw Ridge
- Tovey Way
What is an Outdoor Gym?
An outdoor gym is very similar to an indoor gym, the only difference being that it uses your own body weight as resistance and the equipment at each site varies.
Outdoor Gyms are:
- Free to use
- Easy to use
- Suitable for all ages (depending on height)
- Designed to be used by people of all fitness levels
- Require no special clothing to be worn
- Can be used all year round
Training and Guidance
Each site has clear signs giving information on:
- Checking with your GP before starting to exercise
- What to wear
- How to warm up
- Sample programmes for individuals who are at varying fitness levels
- All the equipment available at each site (photos)
For more information on outdoor gyms, contact the Live Well Hub on 01793 465513. We are available Monday to Thursday from 9.00am to 5.00pm and Friday from 9.00am to 4.30pm.