Exercise referral programmes
Steps to Health exercise referral programme
Steps to Health Exercise Referral Programme is our programme of safe and effective physical activity for people who live with long-term health conditions.
This programme is suitable for individuals who have been referred by their GP or Healthcare Professional to increase their levels of physical activity.
If you think this programme would benefit you, talk to your GP or Healthcare Professional on your next visit, all we ask is that you are motivated and committed to a lifestyle change.
Any referral will be subject to inclusion/exclusion criteria.
All our sessions within the Steps to Health programme are priced at £3 per session or we can facilitate reduced membership rates with our partners at Better, Halo and Kiss Gyms.
For further information please contact the Live Well Hub on 01793 465513.
Some of our specialist sessions run within our Steps to Health programme
- Otago – Strength and Balance is part of our Falls Prevention programme for people aged 65+. Visit the Otago page for more information.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Class is an ‘on-going’ exercise class for anyone who has completed Pulmonary Rehab previously or who is diagnosed with low level COPD, Fibrosis or any associated respiratory disease and with no other diagnosed conditions. The benefit is for clients to continue to manage their respiratory conditions through exercise/activity (it is also social).
There are three classes per week – all are 2pm until 3pm. Two at the Haydon Centre and one at Highworth Rec. The cost is £3.00 per class.
- Phase IV Cardiac Rehab is our supervised exercise programme run by our qualified Cardiac Rehab Specialist Instructors. Visit the Phase IV Cardiac Rehab page for more information.
- Long-term Health Conditions is our programme for people with long-term health conditions. It consists of a 16-week face-to-face class programme. Visit the Long Term Health Conditions page for more information.
- Escape Pain is a free group based rehabilitation programme for the management of Osteoarthritic Knee and Hip pain. Visit the Escape Pain page for more information.