Worried about someone
Swindon Borough Council commission a broad range of treatment and support services that cater for drug and/or alcohol users, carers, friends and family.
Our services reflect Swindon’s population and offer appropriate levels of care and support regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual preference or cultural background.
IMPACT Swindon and Wiltshire Active Recovery Service
Turning Point are a charity dedicated to promoting wellbeing and recovery from addiction when you feel ready to take those steps.
Swindon & Wiltshire Active Recovery Service (IMPACT) is a free, confidential service for anyone who is concerned about their own or someone else's substance use. Our team of specialist workers are skilled in helping people decide what changes they want to make, whether you need intensive support or just some brief advice, we will support you.
We provide evening sessions for those who cannot attend during the working day and can offer online tools to make accessing support as easy as possible.
We have a range of treatment options so we can tailor these to meet your needs:
- Easy referral and assessment process either face to face or online
- An allocated worker to provide consistent support and motivation
- Access to free online resources available 24/7
- Online treatment options
- Advice and Information
- Group work sessions
- Access to substitute prescribing
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy and Behavioural Couples Therapy
- Specialist Military Substance Misuse worker
- Peer support
- Relapse prevention
- Harm reduction
- Needle exchange
- Support with housing, debt and benefits
- Access to Health Trainer service
- Access to Detoxification and Residential Rehab
- Opportunities to get involved as peer mentors or volunteers
- We understand that stopping drugs and alcohol can be hard and scary. The team here at IMPACT will support you every step of the way to make the process feel less daunting.
Swindon’s Young People's Substance Misuse Service (U-Turn)
Swindon’s Young People's Substance Misuse Service is delivered by U-Turn. U-Turn provides support, help and guidance to young people and their families for all drug or alcohol related problems.
Swindon Hub Turning Point IMPACT - Swindon and Wiltshire Active Recovery Service
Address: Temple Chambers, 4 Temple Street, Swindon, SN1 1SQ
Phone: 01793 328150
Phone: 01793 464662