Unwell child

Swindon Clinical Commissioning Group have produced a guide to manage minor illness at home: Managing your child's health 

Caring for children with coughs and colds

NHS Choices

Where to get advice:

  • Pharmacist
  • Your GP
  • NHS 111 (call 111 from your phone)
  • Children's clinics at Morden Surgery (for children over 6 months only) 8am -8pm Monday-Friday, 08:00-16:00 Saturday& Sunday appointments only call  0300 111 0088 
  • Urgent care centre at Great Western Hospital

COVID-19 Advice:

When your child is ill or injured, it is very difficult to decide what to do: call your child’s GP/NHS 111/999 or take them to the accident and emergency department at the hospital? During the current situation and whilst the government is asking everyone to stay at home, it can be confusing to know what to do. The NHS have produced some guidance to help with these decisions as illustrated in the following flow chart.

A guide for parents - what to do if your child is injured or unwell