Healthy Living Services
Adult Weight Management
We offer a 12 week adult weight management referral, free of charge (subject to meeting criteria).
Clients that meet the criteria are able to receive vouchers to attend local Slimming World groups.
Children's lifestyle and weight management service
Healthy families is a fun and free children’s lifestyle weight management programme. It helps overweight children and young people and their families to reach and maintain a healthier weight.
The service provides an age specific 10 week programme for families with children aged between 5 and 16 years. Each programme is specifically designed to provide age appropriate messages, activities and behavioural change strategies that will benefit the whole family.
The Healthy families programme aims to set goals and teaches how to achieve them by:
- providing welcome sessions where new families can meet
- offering a health MOT and setting specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and timely (SMART) objectives
- showing how you can eat well and make healthy food choices
- showing how you can reduce e-play and enjoy being active
- offering healthy lifestyle workshops to help you apply understanding
- offering continued support with behaviour change by building and maintaining family healthy habits
The programme will be delivered by an experienced, approachable, professional and friendly team using the Change 4 Life healthy living messages.