Pathways for social care advice in Swindon

Once an EHC needs assessment has been agreed, the SEND Service will request social care advice from Children’s Services as follows:

  • If your child is open to Social Care, the Family Service or the Youth Engagement Service, advice will be obtained from the professional that supports your child.
  • If your child is not open to any of the above services, then social care advice will be collated through the Early Help Hub in conversation with yourself and/or your child (aged 16 and above). Your child’s Lead Professional will also be asked to contribute their understanding of your child’s social care needs and details of any provision made to meet those needs.

Through discussion with the Early Help Hub professional you may identify that a Social Care Statutory Assessment is required. If no safeguarding need is identified then the statutory assessment will be progressed within the Early Help Hub by a designated SEND Social Worker. 

You may also request separate social care advice from other professionals known to your child e.g. Parent Support Advisor within school. Please let your SEND Case Officer know should this be the case. 

Should your child be adopted or under a Special Guardianship Order, the SEND Service will seek advice from Adopt Thames Valley.