National Careers Service events
To provide some additional support to job seekers, the National Careers Service (NCS) are running a series of free webinars and events.
Webinars for job seekers
These hour long webinars are hosted online by a professional National Careers Service careers adviser, with expert local knowledge, who will help attendees to identify opportunities in their area. They will be on hand to provide further free and personalised careers advice for anyone needing more support.
- Driving licences and how to work in the transport sector - Wednesday 7th September 2022, 10am
- Seasonal work (Hospitality, Retail & Customer Service focus) - Monday 12th September 2022, 10am
- Self-employment; running your own business - Wednesday 14th September 2022, 10am
- Finding relevant courses and training for employment - Monday 19th September 2022, 10am
- Writing a winning application and effective job searching - Wednesday 21st September 2022, 10am
- How to develop a winning CV and cover letter - Monday 26th September 2022, 10am
- Perfecting your interview skills - Wednesday 28th September 2022, 10am
You can register for your free place at National Career Service events or call 0800 100 900.
The National Careers Service will be attending job fairs and careers events across the South West in September offering careers advice e.g. support with CV writing, job seeking and interview skills.
- Tuesday 13th September, 12pm to 3pm: Shirehampton Job fair at the Methodist Church
- Friday 16th September, 10am to 2pm: Bristol Careers Fair at Novotel, Bristol
- Thursday 22nd September, 10am to 2pm: Bath careers fair at Apex Hotel
- Friday 23rd September, 10am to 2pm: Swindon Careers Fair at Swindon County Ground
- Thursday 29th September: Job Fair at Gloucester Jobcentre
Free and impartial careers information, advice and guidance
The National Careers Service provides anyone aged 13+ with life long careers information, advice and guidance to help them make good career choices, no matter what stage they are at in their career. They offer telephone and webchat support, personalised one to one guidance sessions by telephone/video call or face to face, plus online tools and webinars.
Visit National Careers Service or call 0800 100 900 to find out more.
- Employment and skills events, webinars and activities - information on events and opportunities to support your employment and training journey
- Pathways into employment - information and advice on getting into education, employment or training
- Employment and skills opportunities - information and advice on routes into work, including traineeships, apprenticeships and supported internships.