Someone to help you

What is available?

If you are having problems preparing food and drinks even with the help of equipment, you may need help from a care worker.

Once your practical needs have been assessed we can put together a care package that will give you practical help. This could include a care worker to call daily to help you with preparing meals and to ensure that you are eating properly.

Who gets a care package?

Anyone over the age of 18 with eligible needs who lives in Swindon and needs practical help due to frailty or illness, physical or learning disabilities, sight or hearing loss. Help is also available to people recovering from a hospital stay and needing temporary help to maintain their independence and quality of life. However, in order to work out just how much help is needed to make life easier for you, we do need to carry out an assessment.

After the assessment, we will identify and agree your needs with you and discuss the help and support available to meet them, according to the seriousness of your situation.

If you don't qualify for a care package from Adult Social Care you could arrange to employ a care worker privately through a home care agency but remember to take care to choose one that is registered and inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Follow the link below for more information or visit the CQC website.

How much does it cost?

There may be some cost but the actual amount you pay will depend on what services you receive.

Can I get help with the cost?

It is possible. We will help you fill out a financial assessment form to see if you qualify for financial help. 

We may provide or arrange services for you but there are other ways of getting the support you need. You can choose to have a Personal Budget and use the money that you receive from us to arrange your own support.