Supported living

What is available?

Supported living services can offer personal care for those that need it, in addition to the more typical housing related support of helping you manage your money and accommodation, learn new life skills or access health and employment services. The services aim to support your independence and help prevent a move to residential care.

Some people feel that they need extra support for a number of reasons. Supported living offers support for older people with dementia and people with learning disabilities to live in their own homes. This means the same provider can help with both housing related support such as helping you manage your money and accommodation, and personal care, as your needs change.

This support means that extra help is now available to help you stay independent at home, and help prevent a move to residential care. You can visit our online services directory to find an agency to suit you

Who provides them?

These services are arranged by Swindon Borough Council who work with local organisations who can assess your needs and provide the right support for you. This can be either accommodation-based support, for example a warden in a sheltered housing scheme, floating support which means that staff visit you in your own home, support within a shared property where you will hold a tenancy and may share some support hours.

How much does it cost?

You may need to pay a contribution for any personal care and support you require. When you get in touch, Swindon Borough Council will assess your financial situation to work out how much you have to pay towards the cost of your support.

How to get in touch

The Adult Social Care team are the first point of contact for all referrals and general enquiries relating to adult social care and support.