Food and meal delivery services
To help support the local community we’ve put together a list of businesses that are offering a range of food and meal delivery services during the coronavirus outbreak.
Home meal deliveries
- The COOK Kitchen - a wide range of gourmet frozen meals for home delivery. Home delivery slots are available for people ‘at risk’, self-isolating or working for the NHS. Minimum order for delivery is £35, and home delivery is free of charge for orders over £85. You can order online or by calling 01732 759000 between 9-5.30pm (Monday – Friday), Saturdays 9-1pm
- Parsley Box - a range of cupboard stored meals (no fridge or freezer required) delivered straight to your door and ready to eat within minutes. Express delivery available and no subscription required. Order online or by calling 0800 6127225.
- Oakhouse Foods - with a choice of nearly 400 frozen meals, which includes meals to suit a variety of dietary needs. Now using no contact delivery as a standard method for deliveries. Order via the website or by calling 0333 370 6700.
- Wiltshire Farm Foods - delivering frozen meals, with over 300 dishes to choose from. They also have a priority helpline for those who are extremely vulnerable. Can order online or over the phone on 0800 077 3100
- Age UK community hot meals – the Community Hot Meals service is available for lunchtime deliveries to your home and has been specifically created for older people living in Wiltshire and Swindon. They will bring you a hot, freshly prepared midday meal and dessert for £6.50 per meal. Tel: 0808 196 2424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stratton Juniors - distributing free meals to the elderly and vulnerable in the community. Providing a meal service of a main meal and dessert from a standard menu. Anyone who would like to use this service should contact Paul on 07587 003990 or email email@example.com
Fruit/veg boxes and groceries
- The Core - providing fruit and/or vegetable boxes to customers and providing boxes to vulnerable and those struggling to meet cost. Boxes delivered to customers doors. A range of vegan meals is also available for delivery. Also providing free bottles of juice to the hospital on a daily basis. You can order online via the website.
- Wiltshire Fruit and Veg Ltd - a local, family run fruit and veg business that delivers fresh produce. Range of boxes available to order, which include fruit, vegetable, milk, eggs and cheese, as well as meat boxes. Delivery is free to all areas in Wiltshire. You can order online or by phoning 01380 502498.
- Heritage Fine Foods - fresh produce company with a range of home delivery boxes available, which include fruit and vegetables, bread, dairy, meat and a range of kitchen cupboard items. Currently delivering Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. You can order online or by calling 01380 860968.
- Morrisons food boxes – range of boxes including meat or vegetarian groceries together with household essentials to order online. Prices from £35, plus a delivery charge of £5.
- Helen Browning’s Royal Oak Farm Shop - range of organic food boxes to order online for delivery in the local area (currently only available in SN1-7 and OX12 postcodes). Ready meals are also available, however these are for collection from premises only.
- Marks and Spencer food boxes - a range of fruit, vegetable or meat boxes are available to order online for delivery. A classic meal box of prepared meals is also available. Maximum order is two boxes of each type per customer.
- JoJo’s Dairy, Lotmead Farm, Swindon - currently selling 1L and 2L bottles of milk. Open between 8:00 and 9:00am and again between 17:00 and 19:00pm. Can pre-order via online shop - collection only.
- Gateway Church - opening a temporary Food Collective (foodbank) distribution point to assist during the Covid-19 crisis. Currently only able to provide non-perishable food. Open 10am to 12 every Saturday. Contact 01793 526130
- The Khyber Restaurant - offering a takeaway service to customers – collection or delivery. You can order by calling 01793 523992. Open Tuesday to Sunday 4:00pm - 10:30pm (closed on Mondays). Free delivery within 4 miles. £20 minimum order.
- Da Vinci Restaurant - offering their normal menu options through the Da Vinci Just Eat page. Food is delivered. Tel: 01793 617896
- Greek Olive Tree (Faringdon Road, Swindon) - offering about 80% of their normal menu options. They are prepared to deliver to nearby addresses. Open 18.00 – 21.00, Mon – Sun. Tel: 01793 534064
- Terry’s Takeaway - offering full menu of Chinese and English food. Can order online or via Terry's Just Eat page. Opening times to 17.00 – 22:30 Sun-Thurs and 17:00 – 23:00 Fri and Sat
- Fish & Chips on Thames Avenue – orders can be placed online via their Facebook page or through the Fish and Chips on Thames Avenue Just Eat page.
- Tennesee Fried Chicken - offering a takeaway service to customers for delivery. Tel: 01793 533809
- Fillerz - offering a takeaway service to customers – collection and delivery. Tel: 01793 422428.
- The Bank - providing free sandwiches to NHS staff. Tel: 01793 527798
- Bandido Burritos - mobile van located in the car park of Booker Cash & Carry (Elgin Industrial Estate) Swindon. Full menu offering. Collection only. Open Wed – Sat, 16.00 – 22.00. Tel: 07532 763122
- Ray’s Ice Cream – a range of homemade ice cream, vegan ice cream, sorbet and frozen yogurt. Orders made through online shop and delivery 15 minutes’ drive from shops located in Devizes Road, Old Town and Royal Wootton Bassett. Min order £20 (delivery charge £1.50) (Lead time from ordering to delivery is currently 3-4 working days)
Pubs providing food delivery
- The Rat Trap - Offering Sunday roasts only. Limited to about 50 per day. Orders must be made the day before. Tel: 01793 823282
- Fox and Hounds, Wroughton – offering a contactless delivery service from their takeaway menu for Wroughton, Alexandra Park, Wichelstowe and Old Town areas (delivery charge of £2 for Wichelstowe & Old Town). Minimum order: £6.50. Tel: 01793 815415 to order.
- The Angel Purton - offering a food delivery service with a range of pizzas and pub classics. They will only be accepting payment over the phone via card and delivery will be left on your doorstep. Call 07547 124335 to order (prices from £10)