The provision of benefits to the residents of Swindon is a responsibility shared by a number of organisations.
The Council directs enquiries regarding welfare benefits to various organisations:
- The Department for Work and Pensions
- Swindon Citizens Advice
Swindon Citizens Advice can help you with advice tailored towards your personal circumstances and aim to:
- Promote the take-up of benefits and ensure people are aware of their rights and responsibilities with regard to welfare benefits
- Provide assistance to claim benefits
- Maximise the income of people in Swindon through welfare benefits
- Provide debt and budgeting advice to people experiencing financial difficulties
The service from Swindon Citizens Advice is confidential, impartial and free. Contact them for advice from Monday - Friday, 10am - 12.30pm on: 0344 4994 114
To make sure you and your family are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to, you can access an online benefits calculator.
You can find some useful tools online to help, which offer impartial advice. Please be aware that Swindon Borough Council are not responsible for the content on these websites.