Listening to your concern or complaint

If you are unhappy with our services in any way, please tell us. We want to know so we can try to put things right.

It is best for you to raise your concern or register your complaint in writing as this gives us a clear record of why you are unhappy and what you would like us to do about it. Please use the contact details below to get in touch. We will look into it and get back to you saying what we will do to put things right. For more information please see:

How to make a complaint

If you have approached the team responsible for delivering the services about which you are unhappy, and you are still not satisfied, you have a legal right to make a complaint and we are here to advise you on the complaints procedure and support you to do that.

Swindon Borough Council commissions others to provide adult care services in Swindon, although we retain overall responsibility for the quality of the services which we commission.

We expect all of the commissioned services to have their own complaints process, and we encourage you to complain directly to them first. However if you are not happy with their reply, you can ask us to look at the complaint and how it has been handled.

Who should I complain to, about:

  • Social work and occupational therapy services - Swindon Borough Council
  • Day care services - The company who provides the service
  • Residential and Nursing Homes - The manager of the home
  • Homecare services - The company who provides the care workers
  • Financial issues - Swindon Borough Council

Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership (AWP) complaints

If you are not sure who to complain to, contact our complaints Manager and she can advise you.

We aim to acknowledge your complaint within three working days of receiving it and we will tell you how the matters you have raised will be handled. Your complaint will be recorded and then forwarded to the manager of the service involved who will investigate and try to provide a full response to you in writing within twenty working days. If we think it will take longer than this to investigate your complaint properly, we will contact you to let you know. While this is happening, if you need any information or advice, or are dissatisfied in any way, then please do not hesitate to contact us. We will do all we can to put things right for you.

If we cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, then we will advise you on how you can take your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman and let you know how you can do this.

Useful contact

Swindon Borough Council - Comments & Complaints (ASC)
Address: Wat Tyler West 3, Beckhampton Street, Swindon SN1 2JH
Phone: 01793 463302

More information

Local Authority Social Services and NHS Complaints (England) Regulations 2009 

If you need further information or advice please do not hesitate to get in touch with the Comments and Complaints Manager using the contact details above.