Supported housing exists to help vulnerable people to live independently.
Support is provided in different ways, mostly in supported housing schemes, and increasingly direct to people’s homes. Specific groups are supported and identified by their primary support need, in Swindon we provide support for:
- Frail elderly
- High-risk offenders
- Homeless families
- Older people
- People escaping from domestic abuse
- People with a substance misuse problem
- People with learning disabilities
- People with mental health problems
- People with physical disabilities and sensory impairments
- Rough sleepers
- Single people with support needs
- Teenage parents
- Young people at risk (16-25 year olds)
Swindon Home Advice
The Swindon Home Advice website provides information to social housing tenants, private housing tenants and home owners as well as the support services they may need to access their choice of housing.
Swindon Borough Council
Swindon Borough Council also provides information on finding a home plus a range of benefits and services you may be entitled to in order to support you to live independently.